Friday, November 14, 2008

How do you say goodbye?


Well, time for a blog. That is short for Web Log if you did not know it. So here I go. We just got done "saying goodbye" to my Dad in Chicago. I may see him again, but I don't think he will be as aware or the quality of the conversation will be as clear. It was beautiful and sad. This is the "gift" cancer gives you. The chance to say goodbye. But who wants to say goodbye to a 68 year old? Not me. Not my 66 year old mother. But it is part of living as my dad told my 9 year old daughter yesterday. It is OK.

To dig deeper you can see a very extensive 2 year blog of my parents at www.joesinformation.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Cassie said...

yea.. yea..
great we were all there together. I don't think saying goodbye over and over is helping me any. I'm so glad you could come in and I know it must have been very hard to leave as well. I don't think we've ever had as good quality time as a family as we did today. Thanks for the kleenex..

Unknown said...

Dear Michael,
Although we have never met, I know your family to be such a loving family and a blessing to all you meet. My husband Marc and I met your parents years ago when we were in Bonaire. We were blessed to see them again in AZ, a chance meeting. My daughter and son-in-law were also blessed to meet such beautiful Christian people. Our lives have been touched by your parents and their courage and LOVE for our Lord. In our lives we have lost all parents years ago...too young, then a daughter at age 16, then twins born prematurely two years ago. (Our daughter and son-in-law lost the twins). They have been married 12 years and were not able to conceive naturally. The twins were invitro. Nine months ago,out of the blue, our daughter told us she was pregnant (naturally, no invitro). Monday, Nov.17th Chaz and Ginger delivered their miracle baby. His name is Zachary (which means the Lord remembered). He is 8lbs.13oz. Your parents will remember that Ginger is quite petite. We are praising God. Life is so bittersweet. Your homeage to your dear Father is so touching. Please know that we are praying for your precious family. God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Your Colorado friends...Marc, Joan, Ginger, Chaz, and Zach..this is the first time I've used his name in print!

God Bless...Joani

Michael & Heidi's Info

What is going on in our lives and occassional updates on Heidi's fight with Carcinoid Cancer.