Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Very Quiet when you are not there

As I knew it would be, it is tough not being in Chicago with my Mom and Dad. My sister Karen is there through Thursday. I check and tweak my Mom and Dad's blog daily. Adding a counter, adding a picture, re-ordering the photos on the side bar. The volume on the blog is high. I know that many of my friends and co-workers are checking it daily. It really is a nice way to keep people informed where they don't have to constantly ask me. Although I find many will read every entry, then ask me "how is your dad". Then say ... I know I have read the entire blog. I so get it. It is a new reality we live in with the amount of information available. I think the blog is actually taking the place of sitting in a coffee shop or the living room with good friends telling them what is going on. There are greater distances in our lives these days. Families can be close and live thousands of miles apart. I know mine is. So that brings me to the point of needing a blog update. I really want to see one everyday. Even if it just says, Dad is comfortable and said this today.

One of my dad's parting comments to me when I left was, thanks for making the effort. Meaning he realized how long I had been there and all the little projects we had all undertaken. He would really be proud to know that the leak my brother Kevin and I created when we replaced the dishwasher was fixed by the plumber by simply tightening up the brass fitting underneath the sink. See my parents main blog for related story.

No comments:

Michael & Heidi's Info

What is going on in our lives and occassional updates on Heidi's fight with Carcinoid Cancer.